Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pallet couch.

Pallet couch Pallet couch White pallet couch

With it being my senior year im planning on moving out of my parents house and into an apartment. I wont have a lot of extra money to buy the things that i will want/ need for my living space, so while on  www.pinterest.com I saw this idea that is actually quite simple and can be cheap or even free if you play your cards right. My step-dad is a business owner and receives his product shipments in on large wooden pallets like the ones used in the above picture, he was telling me how he throws them away after getting them. I was actually excited about it because when i saw this i liked it so much that im having my grandma make me cushions to fit on the pallets!

What you'll need:

1- Large wooden pallets. It shows only two being used, but i would like to be able to actually sit on my couch and not have to plop...so I am using four. so just take this picture and add another two pallets on top of the one layer.
2- cushions, you could make them if you are good at sewing.you could buy dog beds or you could simply use a twin mattress.
3- screw driver and screws (to secure the pallets together)
4- pillows for the back.

Instructions:

1- decide where you are wanting to put your couch. (Make sure the area is large enough for the pallets)
2-  lay down the first two pallets making sure there is no gaps between them. Then lay the second two on top of the first two make sure they are all aligned and no gaps.
3- using the screw driver screw the pallets together.
4- place the cushions on top of the pallets
5- place the back pillows on the cushions and enjoy your new couch.


 Create a Couch From Wooden Pallets

No comments:

Post a Comment