Sunday, January 13, 2013

Motivational canvas

So today's post has some emotional background  for me. This is my first week back to school from winter break, and unlike most peoples, my break was very emotional. The first day I got out of school was the day I lost my grandfather who was a father figure to me growing up...this was the second tragic death I've had to experience so far this year (I lost my uncle a few months ago). So I and my entire family have been having a rough time adjusting to the change, mainly because this is the first holiday season that we don't have both of them around.
    I, being the crafty one in my family, have decided to make my aunts and grandma a painting on canvas in memory of my uncle and grandfather...just to remind us that everything is going to be okay. And i thought it would be an appropriate craft to blog about so here i am.

This is not an actual "DIY" craft that can be found on Pinterest, just simply me painting a quote on a canvas. 

materials : 
1- One canvas, get the size you think you are going to need. the longer the quote the bigger the canvas. It also doesn't hurt to have a little extra canvas left over.
2- Buy acrylic paints in the colors that you are wanting your canvas in, use at least two different colors, one to cover the entire canvas in and the other to paint your lettering in, make sure that the lettering color is darker than the base color.
3- Buy paint brushes (if you don't already own some) any ones will do buy ones that feel comfortable for you to use. Again if you are going to just buy single ones (not the huge package) buy a large one so you can cut time when painting the base color and a smaller one for the lettering.
4- A quote of your choosing. I normally get mine off of Pinterest in the quote section, but there are thousands of websites that you can look into just Google quotes.


 instructions: 
1- Set up your work area, make sure that you have an old sheet or news paper under your canvas acrylics are hard to get off.
2- Begin to paint the entire canvas with the base color of your choosing (the lighter of the two).
3- Let the base color dry completely make sure its dry to the touch.
4- once you've picked your quote out practice how you are going to paint it, on a different piece of paper.
5- Begin to paint on the quote, make sure nothing will get in your way and make sure you check your spelling.
6- Let the rest of the paint dry.
7- Once everything is dry you can (if you have room) paint something on the left over canvas, choose something that goes hand in hand with the chosen quote.

Hang up or give as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment